Boys & Girls Club Mission District Clubhouse
The Boys & Girls Club Mission District Clubhouse is a new recreational and educational facility located in the earthquake-damaged, 1920s era Boys & Girls Clubhouse on Alabama Street in the Mission District of San Francisco. The new 16,000 sq ft building contains a gym, teen center, learning center, arts & crafts room, multimedia center, game room, kitchen and eating area, small group rooms, lobby/reception, offices, and a rooftop garden and play yard and serves approximately 125 children of diverse ages and needs on a daily basis. The new building meets a variety of needs for the Boys and Girls Clubs of San Francisco, including teen services, education, health and life skills and multi-media education and training. The historic facade of the original building from 1928 was kept in place, and the new structure was built behind it. BMC provided a complete renovation of the existing plumbing for the facility including bathrooms, kitchen space and the re-routing of all underground piping. As part of the renovation BMC provided complete installations of the Sanitary Waste and Vent, Storm, Domestic Cold Water, High Pressure Cold Water, and Hot Water Supply and Return plumbing systems.