The Olympic Club
BMC provided services for the renovation of, and addition to San Francisco’s historic Olympic Club Downtown Clubhouse. Founded in 1860, the Olympic Club is the oldest operating athletic club in the Western United States and serves more than 5,000 members. The project consisted of the construction of a new 110,000 sq ft, eight-story annex, followed by the renovation of the 150,000 sq ft historic City Clubhouse building on Post Street, creating a completely new downtown site for the club. The new building greatly expands athletic facilities to the club by adding a new competitive aquatics natatorium, new basketball/courts gymnasium, female locker/member facilities, food venues, a club store, club central services and parking on 5-levels for 215 cars. The project was completed without interruption of club member’s daily activities at the club. BMC provided a complete renovation of the existing plumbing for the facility including bathrooms, lockers rooms, showers, kitchen space, the re-routing of all underground piping, and complete swimming pool systems including mechanical room, pumps, filters and drains. In the new building BMC provided complete installations of the Sanitary Waste and Vent, Storm, Domestic Cold Water, High Pressure Cold Water, and Hot Water Supply and Return plumbing systems.